When it comes to finding spots in the Sunshine State to have the best vacations, there are some that make for a truly exceptional experience. If you are looking for such a fantastic locale to visit, look no further than the ethereal beaches and bright blue skies of Marco Island, FL.
The largest of Florida’s ten thousand islands, Marco Island is the perfect place for not only family vacations, but for couple’s holidays and group getaways as well. Beach lovers and wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts will find plenty to do, including relaxing on the beautiful beaches on the island, fishing tours, and numerous water sports options. For those looking for the best of vacations on Marco Island, here are just a few things to look forward to:
- Whether you are travelling with two people or twelve people, there are luxury resorts and vacation rentals to suit your party and whatever kind of accommodation you are looking for. Options are available in a range of prices so that all looking for homes for vacation can be catered to.
- Plenty of tours are available to anyone looking to increase their knowledge and education of Florida. Suitable for all ages, the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center and Marco Island Boat Tours are great ways to learn more about the wildlife and environments of Florida while having lots of fun at the same time. You can even hitch a ride on the Dolphin Explorer, a research boat that takes tourists out to view bottlenose dolphins in the wild, sightings guaranteed.
- Staying active on Marco Island, FL is fun and easy, as Mackle Community Park serves as a hub for a variety sports and fun activities. For the outdoorsy types, there is fishing and hiking as well as courts for soccer, basketball, and bocce. Kids of varying ages can enjoy the Teen Center, the water spray park, and playground. There is even a dog park if you brought your favorite furry friend along with you on vacation.
- There are many local restaurants that are accessible to anyone who is looking for a great bite. There are both sophisticated dining experiences available – such as Café de Marco, Marek’s Collier House Restaurant, and Marco Polo – as well as more laid back locales such those located at the Restaurants on Esplanade.
- For anyone interested in a little tee time, Marco Island is home to a total of six gold courses, three public and three private. There are also fishing charters available all over the island.
- Sightseeing opportunities await Marco Island visitors at two different art galleries, multiple shopping centers, an old Indian trading post, and of course the beautiful white sand beaches.
If you’re looking for a new place to have your family vacations, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a place with as many beautiful views, tourist activities, or better vacation rentals than Marco Island.