When it comes to finding spots in the Sunshine State to have the best vacations, Marco Island provides a truly exceptional experience. Look no further than the ethereal beaches and bright blue skies of Marco Island, Florida.
The largest of Florida’s ten thousand islands, Marco Island is the perfect place for family vacations, romantic getaways for couples, and group trips, as well. There is always something to do on Marco Island. Beach lovers will enjoy relaxing on the beautiful island beaches. Wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts will find themselves gravitating toward fishing tours and water sports.
Here are a few things to make your trip to Marco Island the best vacation ever.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Whether you are traveling with two people or twelve people, there are luxury resorts and vacation rentals to suit your party accommodation needs.
- TOURS OF ALL KINDS: The Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center and Marco Island Boat Tours are great ways to learn more about the wildlife and environments of Florida while having lots of fun at the same time. You can even hitch a ride on the Dolphin Explorer, a research boat that takes tourists out to view bottlenose dolphins in the wild — sightings guaranteed. There are lots of tours to choose from, including Eco Tours and self-guided wildlife adventures.
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Staying active on Marco Island, FL is fun and easy, as Mackle Community Park serves as a hub for a variety sports and fun activities. For the outdoorsy types, there is fishing and hiking as well as courts for soccer, basketball, and bocce. Kids of varying ages can enjoy parks all over the island, including the Teen Center, the water spray park, and playground. There is even a dog park if you brought your favorite furry friend along with you on vacation.
- TASTY RESTAURANTS: There are many local restaurants that are accessible to anyone who is looking for a great bite. There are both sophisticated dining experiences available – such as Café de Marco, Marek’s Collier House Restaurant, and Marco Polo – as well as more laid back locales such those located at the Restaurants on Esplanade.
- GOLFING: For anyone interested in a little tee time, Marco Island is home to a total of six golf courses — three public and three private. There are also fishing charters available all over the island.
- SIGHTSEEING: Opportunities await Marco Island visitors at two different art galleries, multiple shopping centers, Captain Horr’s Pineapple Plantation, an old Indian trading post, wildlife, and of course the beautiful white sand beaches.